Where to Go
When you arrive, please go to the Patient Registration area on the 1st Floor adjacent to the atrium lobby. Even patients who have phoned in advance and pre-registered will need to check in at Registration.
Upson uses a pager system to help protect your privacy and expedite the registration process. Please stay within the hospital until your pager alerts you to return to the Registration receptionist. You will then meet privately with one of our registrars. After registering, we will help you get to the right department or unit.
Please keep in mind that every time you are admitted or registered to the hospital, our staff will confirm your address and make copies of your identification and insurance cards.
An Upson financial counselor is available should you have questions about insurance or billing. Co-pays or deductibles are due at the time you receive hospital services.
If the patient or a family member does not speak English, we can help with interpretation in Spanish and other languages through our language line, which provides translation services tailored to healthcare in more than 500 different languages.
Please note: Emergency patients who are being admitted will be registered through the Emergency Department.
When to Arrive
For outpatient visits, patients should plan to arrive 15 to 30 minutes early, so that you won't be rushed as you park and come into the hospital. This will also allow us more time to process any paperwork, insurance and billing information correctly.
For inpatient procedures, please arrive by the specific time requested by our admitting staff prior to your visit, or by the time your physician's office requested.
To Make Your Visit Easier, Please Remember to Bring:
- Your health insurance card
- A picture identification, such as a driver's license
- Doctor’s orders
- Referral and/or authorization forms, if required by your insurance company
- A copy of your Advanced Directives or Living Will
- Credit card or check book for your co-pay
To Prepare for Your Hospital Stay it is also Important to:
- Bring a list of all your medicines. The list should include over the counter prescriptions, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Bring a list of all your doctors and what you see them for.
- Bring names and phone numbers of your caregiver, family, and close friends in case you need to call them from the hospital phone.
- Bring a pen and pad to take notes.
- Leave all valuables at home, such as money, jewelry, or watches.
Additional Items to Bring for your Personal Comfort:
- Toiletries, if you have allergies to particular personal care items or if you prefer your own.
- Books, puzzles, personal electronics. Be sure your name is on everything.
- Glasses, hearing aides with extra batteries, and dentures with adhesive should have a case clearly marked with your name.
If your doctor has ordered an outpatient test or procedure (examples: mammogram, blood test, chest X-ray), please pre-register by calling Upson’s Central Scheduling at (706) 647-8111 extension 1114. You will be given an appointment time and date, and any necessary instructions.